Something I always try to do when I get back into doll crafts is do a practice run before I get serious. While I do have a practice head, my first doll looked like she could use some attention. The last faceup I gave her in ’05 wasn’t bad, but it could be better.
Kinda like this!
More or less I did a lot of experimenting with this faceup. It’s not top of the line, but I can tell I’ve improved since I first started.
I’d really wanted to experiment with the airbrush, so I bought a cheap pair of fishnet stockings and used them as a stencil, along with some silver gouache. Not too bad in my opinion! I was pleased that it actually turned out well… Not poopy, for lack of a better term. I feel like, while my eyelash game has improved somewhat, my eyebrow game still needs a lot of work.
I guess that doesn’t matter too much with her wig though, LOL. Regardless I’m happy with how it turned out. She looks like a million bucks. Hopefully with what I learned doing this one, things will only get better from here. I’m certainly going to keep trying!