(This was not originally my idea. I got it from this thread on DoA. Check it out~)
So as stated in my previous post, I wanted to try and get my poor Saint a little less yellow.
The idea is to make a mixture of baking soda and peroxide, then leave the doll sitting in it for a few days. Simple enough. I bought 3 bottles of peroxide and 4 boxes of baking soda, not entirely sure of the ratio to use.
I wanted to take a picture of him nude so I could do a comparison photo after the process. Forgive me Atticus. I know you’re no underwear model.
So here’s how it goes down. you take a bowl (I used a bucket which might’ve been my problem), mix this stuff together, and let the doll take a few spa days. You will more than likely run into a few issues though. Like I did, you probably won’t buy enough peroxide. The original person who did this on DoA wrapped all the parts thoroughly in paper towels, which gives you something like…
This. I only used 2 boxes of baking soda, and one of the boxes was smaller than the other. Atticus ended up soaking for 2 days, and here’s the result.
I can’t say I see a whole lot of difference, but there could be a few different variables to that:
- Needing more peroxide and/or baking soda
- Not potentially covering the pieces well enough
- Letting the doll soak for longer than 2 days
- The resin has different qualities to it
Either way, I’m not entirely sure this worked for me, and there are a couple of other things I want to try. Next time I’ll be testing the Oxyclean method on my first doll. We’ll see how it goes. Until then, I have to restring this bastard… Which probably won’t happen this week. :’D