The dawn of customization is upon me!

So, a few things here. I noticed when I did my Amber box opening that my poor Dollshe Saint Atticus has done a bit of yellowing in his age. He’ll be 5 years old this July. 5 YEARS!! I can’t believe I’ve had him that long. My first doll is 7, but I’ll get to her in a second.

Anyways, Atticus is near and dear to my heart. He’s the first doll to successfully represent one of my beloved characters and He deserves a little bit better care. The first thing I plan on doing is giving him a de-yellowing treatment of peroxide and baking soda, and while I have him in pieces, a new faceup, possibly a body blushing (his hands at the very least), and sueding. His body needs it so bad, because he can’t even sit up without help. Dollshe bodies are usually known for their superior posing, but I went for the DS18M body because it fit the character too well to pass up. Maybe it’s just me and I’m missing some trick, but so far I haven’t seen anything to say otherwise (do let me know if I’m missing something though). I’ve heard of a couple different kinds of sueding, like the traditional, and then hot glue, and then double sided tape with either some kind of flexible plastic or silicone sheets. Any of these would be fine with me, and I’m sure I’ll figure out what I’m going to do after the de-yellowing.

And my poor first dollie. She’s a SOOM Gena, and admittedly I don’t talk about her that much. When I finally decided to get a doll, I was anxious to get one in my hands as soon as possible, as long as it vaguely fit the character I was aiming for. Unfortunately, the more I had her the more I realized she just didn’t suit the purposes I had first intended her for. Moreover, I was ham-handed in my doll care and often left her sitting where the sun could do it’s work. So she’s nameless, yellow, and probably a little mad over the neglect. I’ve considered selling her on numerous occasions, but it’s just too hard to think about with her being the first doll I ever had. Another issue is she has a factory faceup and… It’s really hard for me to get rid of that, because it’s so lovely. I think it’s time, though. I’ve left her sitting long enough. It’s time for this girl to get her own look and name.

Additionally I’ll be working on Meriwether (SOOM Amber) and try to finish her up before her outfit comes in. Should have a good chunk of time. Her wig is coming from China, and the dress will be from Russia. Still stoked to see her closer to complete!

So that’s where I stand for the month of February. Hopefully I’ll be able to make some posts about the processes and how they’re working out for me. Until then, tootles!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s